Thursday, July 15, 2004

a good run...

Many mishaps happened today
Things didn't seem to be going right
Nothing turned out the correct way
Leaving me in plight

I felt myself getting tensed
As problems popped up one by one
No way i could make pretense
And assume that there was none

The rain stopped just in time today
Leaving little puddles on the ground
Raindrops on tree leaves didn't stay
When slight breezes blew around

The air was slightly cool
No burning sun to bring up heat
The perfect weather was my tool
To work up a sweat nothing can beat

I paced myself really well
Channeled my energy into my run
Eventually the weight of my burden fell
I knew the fun has just begun

Someone was running at my pace
A tad faster than me actually
A smile crept up on my face
As I felt a race coming on me

My pulse quickened with my pace
I felt the strength in my feet
It felt good to be in a race
Today I won't accept defeat

Uphill comes and I pumped harder
Striding up in front of him
I was getting quicker and quicker
No way my spirit would dim

Just as i thought I was taking lead
He came in synchronised steps by me
Sweat formed on my forehead in beads
The challenger then overtook me

But that didn't last very long
My competitiveness dies hard
Losing today would just seem wrong
Victory I must regard

We went back and forth for 2 rounds
Neither him nor I stayed behind
Upen reaching the end I found
This guy was playing with my mind

I broke into a sprint to mark my end
And thought I had won him today
But as I waited victoriously by the bend
This guy passed me and went on his way

He didn't stop or start to recline
And then I think that today's fun
Was more of his instead of mine
Oh well, today was a good run!

I can swear that a good run can clear your mind of anything! especially when you're in a race! hhaha! gawd I miss Sports Day! Now the races I go to are more of racing on my own, enduring under the sun, and hoping to complete the course as soon as possible. There ain't no thrill like crossing the finishing line a second after or before the other person. =)

No comments: