Monday, August 30, 2004

We rocked WCG!

So we performed...yup! all 3 days! all 5 performances. It was cool! It was awesome! I had fun. Dancers are really cool peeps. They're outgoing and funny. They dare to make a fool out of themselves. So do gymnasts. Some of them at least. Whatever it is I find that I really enjoy this kind of life. Stressfree, carefree and laid back. Makes me wonder if I'm choosing the right path by going into Science again next year. My cousin once said that it's good to be different but not just for the sake of it. Maybe I am just trying to be different for the sake of being different. I don't know. I've heard way too many tales of science students going into arts and succeeding. With flying colours too. I've heard way too many stories of drop outs being the bosses to those who graduates with a PhD or something. My dad for one would stress: Financial Intelligence, you either have it or you don't. sigh...I don't know...

And today, it suddenly seemed as though being 18 and in college is all about dating. It started with my little brother complaining about being teased with some girl in his class. So i said, he has reached that age. Haha it's first the teasing with the person you hate that's of the opposite sex. Then it's the teasing with the person you like that's of the opposite sex. Then it's the real going steady and what nots. So I was explaining to him this whole life cycle when he suddenly says "I can't imagine che che having a boyfriend!" I have to say I was quite taken aback. So, automatically my ego and pride kicked in and I covered up by saying "Coz che che anti-guy ma". Which is so untrue. But mummy had something wise to add, "It'll come naturally la". Ok...then I had to fetch some friends to Megamall. In the car Ash asks me "got boyfriend adi ar?" I answered the standard answer "college no lengchai la" which isn't a lie, though that ain't the reason. In megamall I caught up with Ling Si whom I've not spoken to in a few weeks coz i've been skipping gim. We were having a perfectly fine conversation till it got to the part where she asked "so how about you? got any boyfriend?" I swear they were on me today. Everyone! Anyway, had to wait a long long time before I got to perform so i took a flyer and did some heart shaped origami (simply coz it's the only thing I know how to fold). Then Desmond (one of the dancers whom I find quite cute btw) was ejeking me "I know you're desperate Karen. Come la i help you find. There this one not bad wat" *points to a girl* "Don't find guys la. Too competitive already. Take girls. Become les" And that's supposed to be funny. ha-ha....so what issit with 18, coll and dating?

well, beats me. But enjoy these pics while you're at it. =)

My little group of friends in among the whole group. Lil boy's called Webster. Adorable!!


O2Jam mascot and Blue Hyppo.


The 2 sisters with star quality.


And the dancers of Dance World!!

No comments: