Thursday, August 12, 2004

the definition of reliability

Today I thought I was alone
I overlooked the ones in front of me
The friends I almost forgot I own
Were the very ones that were there for me

It's not that they were second priority
I love my friends all the same
Which was why it was hurtful to see
When she failed to include my name

But good things came in strange ways
Lessons come unforseen too
I have learned in the past few days
That I have friends, the ones that were true

Today I caught up with someone special
And spent time with another best friend
Though, my plan to complain was initial
Reminiscing times was how our day was spent

I also broke some barriers today
Between mummy dearest and me
She's way underappreciated by me I'd say
From now on, I'd treat her rightfully

A certain someone lightened my burden
Guess I could always count on that bud
U helped me through times I was uncertain
Thanks a bunch, my lifetime stud

Then, as my anger resided gradually
One last person erased the last bit
We're all human was what he reminded me
With a heart to feel love, pain...all of it

So I shall sleep a happy person tonight
Instead of a girl thinking the world is unkind
From now on, I think I'll get things right
Bearing today as a lesson in mind

They say you find out who your true friends are in times of darkness. Today I found out who was and who wasn't. But i also found out that the latter, whom I was clouded to think weren't my true friends, actually were not any less than the others. The only thing that decieved me were emotions, hard feelings, and kinda a personal vendetta. But today I saw the silver lining. I saw the light at the end of the tunnel. I have true friends I can rely on, anytime, night or day. I'd do the same for you guys...you know that right? *wink*

No comments: