Monday, August 23, 2004

On a mission of self discovery

Today I made 2 self discoveries
By which I think I should bear in mind
I guess it's little incidents like these
That removes the pride that kept me blind

First of all is a certain change
In a certain special friendship of mine
It's something I knew wouldn't be strange
But not well accepted by me at the same time

It's something I've wished would happen for her
Though, something i've been dreading too
And it may sound a little bit queer
I'm both happy and sad, it's true

But I guess, life has to move on for everyone
And being selfish won't get me anywhere
I truly am happy that she found someone
Who sincerely, honestly seems to care

I'm elated, in fact, to see her beam
With an expression that says Finally!!
Meant for each other, they seem
This would last forever to me

So my discovery is, that time is moving
And when it's due, changes take place
Guess the best thing to do is to keep accepting
As you move in and out of a new phase

Next thing that tugged on my mind today
Was my failure to obtain something i wanted
The whole If only scenario replayed
I guess I really regretted

I was fantasizing about my own farewell
IF i had gotten the scholarship
I'd be busy right now too, with no time to dwell
Packing my bags for my "long trip"

Lucky for me, the first discovery
Helped me accept things the way they are
So I gave up feeling all sad and sorry
Knowing very well with that I'd never go far

So I wished him all the best with a smile
And hope he enjoys his 2 years there
I have no doubt that it'll be worthwhile
Good luck, Eng Han, and take care!

No comments: