Wednesday, August 04, 2004

as i gaze upon the violet sky

As i gaze upon the violet sky
Things start to seem a bit easier
Matters start to reduce in size
Eventually I start to realise
That life can be made crystal clear

I guess too often I asked why
But miss the things that I already own
I misjudge people and jump to conclusions
I size them up and created illusions
And overlooked the true friendship shown

Somehow very seldom do I try
To see what's the real value of life
I fail to imagine how worse it can be
How lucky I am I forget to see
And I fail to appreciate every strive

As i gaze upon the velvet sky
I take back my words of yesterday
I find myself thinking over
About some things that can last forever
Friendship is one thing that will definitely stay

Yup...so maybe yesterday I overreacted. Hey, it's normal. But I know now that I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Everyone is entitled to live their life however they want to. But at the end of the day, a friend is a friend. Doesn't matter if there's someone else, or someone new. Eventually, I could still depend on her. She's a great friend and I guess I'm not the only one who sees it. So, I should be proud. I should be elated to have a friend like her.

btw, Hisham gave the idea of a velvet sky and Bing helped me with the word shown to rhyme with own. so thanks peeps! haha...this goes out to all my friends out there. Friendship forever! =)

No comments: