Tuesday, August 03, 2004

third wheel

Tonight I feel like a third wheel
Although, it's possibly just me
I may be wrong with what I feel
But I sense a tad of jealousy

Maybe it's selfish to expect
More of her time to be with me
Maybe it's for the simple fact
That he's seeing her more constantly

But it's not just time for that matter
I somehow feel they share something
It's as though they get each other
They have a certain understanding

And she seems to enjoy time more
When they are times spent with him
Even he treats her different from before
There's some chemistry it seems

I guess I have my expectations
Which may or may not be reasonable
I sometimes make certain assumptions
Which may be questionable

Maybe it's too much to ask for
Or I'm taking this too seriously
Even if what I ask is nothing more
Than have my best friend returned to me

I may be a little sensitive at times. Especially when it comes to friendship. I take my friends quite seriously i guess. Maybe a bit too serious for now. But I think no matter what I do, I'd always know who I depend on, and who to prioritise. For instance, I don't think I'll ever let a guy come between me and my best friends. Even if that guy was a close friend of mine. Well, like i said, maybe i'm being a little selfish here, but i suddenly feel as though my best friend has someone on top of me now. And i can't help but wonder about what someone else said earlier. If she really does get a boyfriend, which somehow i have a feeling would be earlier than I do, wouldn't that make me feel very left out? This isn't said by me. Someone else can see that she sets me aside when he comes into the picture, and that someone else only know the both of us for like 7 months. I understand the parts and parcle of life, I guess. So I won't go against it. Just that, it would be sad when that happens...really it would.

No comments: