Friday, August 13, 2004

date auction!

SPA (that's Society of Performing Arts) will be holding this date auction thing tmr for charity. I was walking out from class that day when suddenly i heard "KAREN SIAH!!". I whirled around and my dear friend Ming Choi came rushing to me. Then, half panting, she blurted out all about the date auction thing and asked me to be one of the auctioned items. Yup me! I dont mean to brag but ahem *draws hand through hair with poise* I don't see why not? ahahha jus kidding. I went like "what!?!?" Then she launched into this "It's very safe" speech till i cut her off saying "I'm not worried about the dating part...more concerned about the bidding. What if no one bids for me?" Then she went like "well if no one bids, which i'm quite sure won't happen, then u and Isla would just bid for each other!" Honestly, that's sad! But Isla winked at me and then i thought oh well it'll be fun i guess. But just for pride's sake, I got Weng Lum, Daniel, Han Yang, Kenny all to bid for me. They made me chip in also. I'm partially bidding for myself! haha oh well...=)

So anyway, i got my Nike Pacesetters 15k certificate today. It was nice i guess and iot did have my picture on it. Plus, all my positions in my category, all women categories, and overall. It's real cool. Only problem was it's crumpled! stupid postman! I ran 15k for that piece of paper doink! Or maybe it's stupid Nike/Pacesetters! Can't they at least invest in stickers that say DO NOT FOLD and stick it on top? I'll try ironing it tmr. *sniff sniff* my poor certificate....

No comments: