Monday, January 31, 2005

[ money matters ]

I was looking forward to a good payday this morning. I woke up with a smile, thinking I could get a sum of RM520 (not as much as some of you, i know, but it was good enough of me) from my boss. Was so eager to get myself a new handphone since mine has been playing all sorts of tricks, making me read with half the screen, or an upside down screen, or a screen with lines n all. Then when i reached work, i started calculating my number of hours based on the log book and much to my disappointment, i got only RM200 odd. I was like what!?!?! somehow my mental maths must've gone down the drain, and my calculator skills must've gone down with it. One of the figures is wrong. I just hope that it's the smaller amount. Thanks to that, I lost my motivation to work a full 8 hours today, and decided to flee at 2 with Julie to attend the dumb karate meeting, which got me into more tangles.

I now have to pay:
membership fee : $10
annual fee: $10
monthly fee: $10
I can't believe this. Not only that, Brown 1's have to go through interviews before they can proceed to black (and i thought i could motivate myself to join karate again with the black belt in sight). Plus, if i miss a meeting 3 times in a row, my membership will be terminated! To re-enter the BB Club i need to produce an official letter! I don't quite like this new formal, official, systematic committee thing. I was much mroe willing to offer my assistance for free last time, without having obligations to go for classes. Sigh...

Went back home after meeting. The miscalculated pay was bugging me to the bone so I whipped out my GC (graphics calculator) and started punching in numbers again. I went day by day with the calender. Hour by hour i calculated and finally came up to about RM420 odd. A HUGE relief on my part! ahahha now i can still get that new handphone without having to spend much of my own or my parents' money. What puzzled me though is how i can miscalculate such simple maths! i really must be getting rusty. My brains are probably 75% mush.

well, i met the Tumble Tot today. The one whose mum was killed by the Tsunami. I felt like crying for her. Young 2 year old with not a care in the world. I wonder if she knows anything. The poor dad must be devastated. Sigh....

No comments: