Tuesday, January 11, 2005

- down memory lane -

Updates:

~ my toe is currently not jog-able. Though i'm determined to bite back my tears, bear with the pain and train for trailblazers. Tomorrow, there ain't gonna be any backing out.

~ i think i've finally decided on a course and the uni to study in. I hope this decision stays for now. I'm heading to Mantissa. Intake starts March 7th. Will be doing a Diploma in Commerce (Business Management). Then i'm off to Edith cowan to convert my diploma into a Degree of Sport Management. So there. =)

~ resuming work tomorrow. in Tumble Tots. however, something tells me that the sight of my toe might scare a few tots away. haha...

Met up with Elaine and Pei Jien for lunch today. Had good food in Manhattan Fish Market.




Then met up with Elaine (again), Julie and Fang for yumcha session in Mamak Bistro. Saw Lyn with Yannee and Sinyee there. Was good to see Fang. Have not seen him since the time he left for Melbourne. =)




seeing you today made me ponder
it made me embark on a journey down memory lane
thinking of that moment in life much earlier
when rash feelings and actions, i could not contain

it made me think of how we used to be
more than just friends, yet less than what it seemed
i guess i never made an effort to be just me
to be someone else, was what i deemed

i couldn't help but feel a little disappointed
about how poorly i've played my part
my ignorance is what i truly regretted
considering how bad i can break one's heart

i don't know if you had ill feelings towards me
at that moment in time, for my self centeredness
i don't know if you hated me for acting selfishly
by disregarding your feelings and your selflessness

but what i do know now is, i made a mistake
i could've spared myself some of this pain
by treasuring what i had, for your feelings' sake
so that it's more pleasant, the next time i go down memory lane...


i feel like i was so conceited back then. so much so that the guilt i feel now has turned to pain. i know now that that time has passed, and i'm glad that we're still good friends. i don't expect us to be together again. i just feel that i should've been a better person then.

No comments: