Monday, January 03, 2005

* t e s t i m o n i a l s *

been using my korkor's laptop...it gets heated up and all and then the IE will start to crash...it's madness...couldn't blog for 2 nights. Actually could've easily blogged on my own pc but was lazy also i guess...a lot of hassle dismantling my bro's laptop and all. =)

anyway, i just wrote 2 testimonials in Friendster. it's funny how testimonials usually start with Full Name of recipient, followed by "Where do i begin?" or "How do I start?" or "What can i say about this person?". Notice how common these lines are? Like where's the originality ppl? haha...i shouldn't be complaining. I love testimonials. They have no choice but to flatter me! haha...nah...they can always bitch about me. As long as it's what they think. Love knowing what people think of me. It's like subtle reminders to tell you if you're on the right path of socializing. A wise man once said:
"When you hear something nice about someone, let him know"

I don't know where I read that but it's good advice, no? a praise or a good word of mouth does wonders to your ego. I mean just a word of Thanks can get you more help in the future. As long as you mean what you say.

Appreciation goes a long way. Ever gotten the mail "Pass it on"? It's about relaying a good deed. Not only does it make others feel good, it makes YOU feel good, no? And just by saying "You look great" actually changes someone's day. Really it does. Just mean it. It does the trick. That's one thing I love about Friendster. The one and ONLY thing actually. Apart from looking at pictures and updating myself about people's relationship status. hehe...

Testimonials are do-gooders, ego-boosters, smile-bringers. Besides, who on the face of this earth does not like being praised. By saying so, i mean not sweet talking. Just praised and complimented. Some find it as being a big fat phoney baloney. Some find the people who bask in the rays of flattery and praise, sluts and ego-maniacs. Once again it voices down to meaning it. If you ask me, if the flattery and praises are from the heart...then by all means...bask away! =) Sides, if it brightens up your day and changes your perspective on life, then bring it on! =)

To all my readers, check this out. I mean it, really. If it weren't for you guys, ~ galnexdor ~ is just another abandonned website. =)

No comments: