Tuesday, April 12, 2005

* let it burn *

Usher is the therapy for every late night assignment achiever. Actually, so are many others. As long as the songs are slow and soothing. You may think it lulls me to sleep but surprisingly enough it calms me down and enables me to think more clearly at a time where my biological clock demands for my brain to stop working. of course, the Nescafe i had just now played a part in keeping me awake too. i think...

anyway, these late nights are pretty much asked for. as in, i chose to do my work at this hour simply because i feel right doing so. the fact that i'm awake when everyone else is asleep gives me this thrill. cheap thrill? hehe maybe...but somehow i think i subconsciously want to do my work at this time...

there was once i mentioned a guy who i have met quite a while ago and have not been in contact with ever since. i also mentioned that that guy has contacted me recently, and to add to that, he actually admits that he has a crush on me. frankly, i think he says that to everyone. i met him when i was in Form 2. that being 5 years ago, i think he might be nuts. i usually start freaking out when i see him calling my phone. i've put his name as idiot for laughs. today he called again. And once again, he'd like to ask me out. And once again, i refused. Then he actually asked, why am i not interested. And as i opened my mouth to speak, i suddenly realised i had no valid reason to be uninterested. i just am. thinking that that was really really unfair of me, i think i blurted out something about, now's not the time and all that nonsense. after i hung up, i pondered on it a bit. on what grounds am i actually turning him down? well, for one thing, he's a maniac to be keeping in contact with me after 5 years. which leads me to think he's some desperado. also, he has this annoyingly poser-ush character which bugs me to the bone. so is that good enough reason? how about the other guy whom i met in OBS some 3-4 years ago and recently met up with him again? he's another one rejected by yours truly, though i can't seem to find a solid reason as to why i did so. i know it's about the whole open-the-car-door-drag-out-chair-kiss-on-my-hand thing that just turned me off. but could it be that i made that my reason? as in i wanted a reason and so i made that it? because afterall, it was just that once that he was like that, and based on that i decided that i never wanted to see him again.

so that got me thinking. and i found out that down memory lane isn't a very nice path to go to. at least where relationships and love is concerned. i think that i have rejected some very nice guys for no apparent reason. was i wrong?

but you can't possibly go into a relationship with someone if you're not comfortable with him right? and if i just don't feel anything, that doesn't mean i don't think he's nice and all, right? and that's not my fault, right, if i don't feel anything? even if i had felt something, but then it went away after a while? would that make me a player?

sigh...unanswerable questions that seem to make up my very existence at this stage in life. i seriously feel that i have a problem committing myself to a relationship. if i were to analyse my own history, i'd say i freak out whenever it comes to the point where my feelings were exposed, he's feeling the same way, and we're about to move one step higher. seriously, everything was a bed of roses when it was just me crushing on him, and that's it.

ok...that's the remaining 30% of Karen that's still conscious talking. the other 70% dozed off about an hour ago. so it's time to call it a night...

btw, pics for MMDS I is out. I've only got one pic. But you should check out the captions...so funny...:)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: