Monday, February 28, 2005

* sudden rush of events *

last saturday was Dance World's Dance Party. didn't want to go earlier, but then Amelia and Sook Wai were supposed to performed so i guess, what the heck. Then i also found out Grace and Erica were performing too. this i gotta see. So anyway i went. in a white baby tee and a hawaiian short wrap around skirt, but let's not get distracted shall we? Well, it's supposed to be Tropical Night and everyone was dressed for the occasion alright. anyway, surprise number 1. I met Ee Ling. hehe Lee Ee Ling from smksj? senior prefect in form 2? yea i met her. She's taking Latin dance though she claims she's bad at it and all. haha owell, who am i to comment. haha...then, surprise number 2. I met Thomas Yap. I think it's Yap. Not sure. He's one of the seafieldians, who i somehow met at Pyramid when i went out with Ron and friends. Yup, was the day i went out alone with Ron and his friends...haha but yea...again...let's not stray.

Anyway, i met Thomas again after that Pyramid trip a few times, and he claims that everytime he saw me i had a different look, causing him to not recognize me. First time in Pyramid, i had my hair down, and specs on. Next time was in school, i think it was the prefect's installation, and i was in school uniform with tied hair and specs. so he said i look entirely different. Then i met him again in my Leo install, and apparently i look very different in my Leo uniform again. So this time around, it took him more than just "hie thomas! remember me, Karen?" for him to recall who i was. He starred at me for a while, i think guilty stricken since his friend was dissing him, then he said, i remember your voice. My voice?? haha...well, he slowly recalled anyway. And this time he said, my hair's far too short and my skin's far too tanned. hahaha i wanted to laugh. Anyway, he's a pretty good latin dancer! seriously...i wanna learn Latin now. fun!

Performances, well sook wai n amelia bailed out. Erica couldn't make it so Grace did a solo and she was awesome! She did this robot dance thingy to Missy E's gossip folk. I can't wait till i reach that level! Then there was the latin dance by a couple who were brother and sister! ahah how cool is that! i can't imagine dancing with my brother! ahah and there were loads of games and all, but i had to leave early. Didn't get to take pictures also. wasted...hehe

ok, college has yet to excite me and all but it's getting better. I like my econs tutor. She makes a lot of sense. haha as in she kept me nodding the whole way about how friendship in tertiary level is very important, how diligence pays off, how class participation is so important. yup...she's one level minded lecturer!

ok...something more interesting. I went jogging today, and i was barely 200m from my house when this motorcyclist when pass me and almost instantly slowed down. I got scared of course but that fellow didn't stop. though he just looked at me strangely and went on slowly. i though it could be because of my striking yellow 4WD bandana. he was still looking back at me for another 2 or 3 times so i figured i better keep an eye on him in case. i delibrately slowed my own pace down as well, hoping that it'd be too slow for his bike forcing him to go off. anyway, he did go off though i wouldn't say he sped off. he just went off without looking anymore. and i was watching him warily and saw him do a turning, though i wasn't sure into where. a bit too far for my vision. anyway, i carried on up the ss18 hill, keeping myself alert, and at the very immediate first right junction...that is right behind the shops, there he was! he was pissing in the drain there! i started sprinting past that junction, making a right turn at the first housing area junction, then immediately turn right again to head back home. meaning to say, i came out in between some of the shops, and started sprinting back home. on my way i saw one runner (used to see him jogging around) and for safety's sake i followed his pace. haha and BOY was he FAST! hahaha doesn't matter. i was more worried about my safety that somehow i had this drive that kept me going! ahah anyway, i got home safe and sound. and thanks to Mr Runner-Guy i did get my exercise afterall! Sprint exercise la...haha..

yup...so life's isn't such a straight road afterall. =)

No comments: