Sunday, October 31, 2004

* blogging a novel *

Do you think i should do this?? I've always wanted to write a short story, which, unfortunately, I've never been successful at. So short stories are out of my league, let alone a novel! But still, when I read a book (which is not very often...i just started reading only recently thanks to my wonderful bookworm bunch of classmates) I tend to pick out catchy phrases and words the writer used and I would think of times in which i can use them. Then again, the only time I'd ever use them is when I'm sitting for my English paper (which is in less than 24 hours from now) and that happens to be my final English paper. Plus, the aesthetic domain (which is the part where they have narative, desciptive et cetera in other words creative writing) is only 250 words long and I'm contained to 30 minutes tops! Where's the fun in that!? Chances are I won't be taking English anymore in my tertiary education. Or maybe i should? Yea I think if there is an elective I'll take it. Maybe do the big L altogether. Literature, that is.

Anyway, I once started a story actually. I followed the style of Franscine Pascal's Sweet Valley Junior High, where every chapter is a narative by one of the characters. And needless to say, I never resumed. No idea why. Just me I guess. My mum still thinks i have ADHD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. And with the increasing number of times I have forgotten to do a specific chore, or send a specific message, I'm starting to believe it. I have an attention span the length of penguins' legs. hehe i just watched some discovery channel program and noticed that penguins have indeed uber short legs. I don't exactly know why and u know what? Neither of my parents want to admit that it is their trait. My parents do that pretty often. They see who i got it from when i happen to exhibit some negative behaviour such as slouchiness or laziness. =)

so, yea, going back to my topic, I think after my sam I'll actually try blog-novelling. Maybe I'll find my true passion there and forget about sport science altogether. Or should I say sains sukan. Oh btw, updates on that, I have applied for UM but missed the second intake deadline so now gonna apply for next year's first intake which is gonna be much harder. So I'm now looking into physiotherapy. So, that's it from me today. Tomorrow SAM finals start. And within 240 hours, I'm actually a free person, equivalent to jobless men! yay!

No comments: