Sunday, October 24, 2004

[ G 5 c l a s s o f ' 0 4 ]

January 5th, I stepped into what was supposedly the education of my dream...of most secondary school leaver's dream for that matter...a college education. I was psyched. Air cond rooms. No school uniform. A student ID with my face on it. Computer labs (All broadband equipped). A cafeteria with a pool table in it (never played there though). English conducted lectures. It was cool. At least it seemed that way.

March 8th marked our first common test. Things were still lookin bright. Did pretty well for all subjects. English being my fav, Chemistry being the other extreme, and Bio being a shocker. It was actually...easy. =) Formed my Leo Club, first GM on 4th March at DR2. Overwhelming response kept me smiling for a week!

March 29th, Chem draft was due. Never in my entire life have I written so much on Chemistry. It was madness. Realised ever since that all the cool coll life was about to change.

April 12th, I found out I've got butter fingers as I broke 3 things during Chem practical. Not on the same day but in 3 consecutive lessons I think. One of the glassware cost me 15 bucks! Common Test 2 started on April 19th. Completed with a less sunny mood this time. Math was hard, Physics was tough, Chemistry was impossible. ESL still fav subject, Chem still the worst.

April 30th we handed in ESL draft! I have to say I was pretty surprised at how long I could go without proper sleep! Somehow handing this in seemed like a huge relief...although I was well aware that the real deal had not been faced. Held elections for the Leo Club BOD. Was so sure I'd have a fruitful year with loads of fun!

May 24th was our mid year exams. Honestly I was kinda slacked. Had some problems staying focused at that time. Personal thing. But didn't really matter. Doubt I would've done any better with 100% focus anyway. Oh well, welcomed the 2 week break with open arms.

June 30th was basically a killer for every SAM student, arts or science. ESL research project was due. Everyone was sitting on a time bomb! Slaving over the computers in the library, working our butts off till way past midnight. Believe me when I say everyone was rushing. I guess procrastinators are a major of our society. =)

July 13th marked Common test 3. Kinda like the test I worked a little harder for to redeem myself for what I did for mid year. However, the results remianed a constant variable. Leo Installation was drawing near and I was stressed to the bone by Lion. Just couldn't get used to his ways. Turned out great in the end, if you don't look at our accounts *grins*. Lions were pleased. I was freaking out over VIVA as well. Somehow the thought of being in a room with my teacher and the casette recorder, and responding impromptu style brought out the clastrauphobia in me. But it went ok with buckets of thanks to Pn Zaidah.

August 13th was the only date posing a threat throughout the month. Bio Human Awareness essay was due. But thanks to ESL, every other project was made a lot easier. Once again, I gladly welcomed the break during the last week of August.

As September 16th drew closer, my stress level increased exponentially...nah...actually it was more of a fluctuation as I would not worry on something long enough. Nature of me I guess. Still, the thought of using these results to apply for unis was a bit worrying. I really tried to put in more effort and do better. Once again, my results weren't much of a surprise. Although, by this point, ESL was no longer my favourite. That spot got taken over by Bio. (yea BIO!). Chemistry was still dwelling in impossible. Prepared for oral as well.

October 8th was my IU nite. You gotta scroll down to read about that. During this month, no doubt the atmosphere was a little feverish. Our files were threatenning to explode with past year papers and drill exercises. But with the rising uptightness of exam fever, there was also a rising warm sense of sadness. Our last days together were numbered. It was at this moment that I truly found my classmates fun and interesting. I guess I never allowed them to impress me much. I totally regret now. All those times I harped on the subject of changes taking place in my life, changes that I did not welcome, I seemed to have overlooked the one change that I should have...the new friends that had found their way into my life.

October 22nd was spent taking photos, writing autographs, talking and just bonding with my classmates. I felt a pang of sadness whenever I was reminded of a moment that marked my G5 life. It's great that I'm finishing SAM. But I'll definitely miss this crowd. Gawd they're hilarious!!! haha...*sniff*...I'll truly miss them...


These are us. My crazy, wacky group in class. (L-R: me, bec, mandy, su yi, vanessa)


Girls n guys. Juliets and Romeos. Saints and monkeys...*grins*


My lunch mates which consists of Shirlyn's classmates.



G5 Class of 2004

No comments: