Tuesday, October 12, 2004

- w h y b m ? -

I just realised that courses in UM are conducted in BM...bm! the last thing i'd want in Uni was to speak and write in BM again. So there goes my wish to go to UM and study Sport Science. or should i say Sains Sukan. I know, that shouldn't be a deterrent. But think about it, would you go through 3 years of the prime education time of your life, studying the field that determines your future in bm?? I mean i'm talking my career! It has to be something I enjoy learning. So, i guess i'll have to pass on this one.

On the contrary, I'm now giving my academic life a once over and...i'm wondering whether or not i'm cut out for science. I mean check out my Trial results. Not a single A. I failed Chem again. Scraped through Physics. Thankfully scored a B for my Bio. Got a pathetically average mark of C for Math. And i'm supposed to be gallivanting into UM, presenting these results with a wide smile pasted on my face and expecting to get in?? Tough luck. So I guess Science again for another 3 years isn't such a wise idea. Mum, the moment she saw me in a less adamant state, stole the opportunity to persuade me into looking at Business. Specifically Marketing. She told me once, she told me a billion times that I'm somehow suited for that field with, i quote, "the gift of a good PR and outgoing nature", and "the ability to manage both my uplines and downlines", says Daddy. I dunno....me? Marketing? sure i've had experience promoting SoyRich for Yeo's but I don't think I'm really the marketing type.

Anyway, as promised, i looked into it, and chanced upon Sport Management of TBS, and Sport Administration of Metropolitan. So there's another 2 options i could see myself in a couple of years from now. Then again I could always try Physiotherapy for the sake of keeping that Science touch. Geez...i need to revise my 5-year life plan....

No comments: