Monday, November 01, 2004

[ exam jitters ]

The minute hand just touched 12
On yet another long round
It is now 3 in the morning
The place is filled with not a sound

The whole house is asleep right now
I can hear my father snore
I shook my head, I've got to continue
Why must this be such a bore??

Wake up! I must! There's much to go
I gave myself a tiny slap
If only I could digest the things
From the book that's on my lap

I drew a breath and looked out the window
A car drove past the empty road
"You've been up late too," I said
"At least now you've finished your load".

I can't do this...but I know I must!
The final exam is tomorrow
It is my only chance to prove
My lessons I could follow!

My eyes were strained, I couldn't remember
The sentences I had just read
I gave up trying to fight against it
I dropped the pen and went to bed.


i wrote this i think a couple of years ago. Or maybe it was during PMR. Not sure. Anyway, today's ESL was actually quite satisfactory! i managed to finish all 3 essays within the allocated time. the listening was kind of a setback though. Geez, didn't they teach him to articulate before he was chosen to do the recording? but it was ok i guess. the other voice was pretty clear. Info was surprisingly not that hard. leaving me abt 40 minutes to produce a rather satifactory aesthetic piece as well! so on the whole, ESL rocked! Finally, i can say that again. i thought i'd never find my passion for English again. so that's 1 down...4 to go!!

No comments: