Thursday, November 18, 2004

[ a night to remember...why so? ]

I just finished fixing the car with my dad...still finding it a bit hilarious how something so uncanny could happen to me on such and auspicious day. *sings* isn't it ironic? hehe...this is how it all started...

17th November - The day of Prom

6.30 am, I had to pry my eyes open. Another trip to the registration office. *joy*. As usual a sea of people greeted us when the lift doors openned. Braced myself for another long wait at that dull place. Unfortunately i was unprepared for 8 hours of waiting!! Gawd! I reached home at 3.30 pm and had to rush to Sunway for rehearsal.

Rehearsal was delayed since the sound machine and all weren't ready. Shirlyn and I only tried out the stage. We had a cool changing room u noe! I even asked for an iron to iron my dress haha. It was pretty cool.

Then at 4.45 pm we left Sunway and rushed to get ourselves ready. I had to bathe, set my hair and get my make up done, and be back at Sunway at 6.30! The hairdressers were busy so i was only tended to at 6.00 pm. Then went to hua's house. Her mum applied some make up for me. nothing elaborate since i was rushing for time. Was obviously already late. Drove myself and Hua to Sunway. By the time we reached it was already 7 pm.

Fumbling with my stuff (i had to bring 2 hoops, ribbon and stick, my dress, my heels, my bag) I started freaking out. To make matters worse my break lights decided not to go off! It was already like this before but all I had to do was step the break pedal a couple of times and the lights would go off. This time it remained adamant. Already late (i was told my performance was at 7.15, the opening act) i decided, to hell with this. So with Hua's assistance, i brought all my bags into the resort with minimal confusion. hehe i think Sunway is huge!

The performance was delayed. Phew! Shirlyn and I started warming up and all. I was starting to feel the nerves already. Somehow this time i wanted the performance to be great. And so it was! I was on my toes! I was smiling. Shirlyn had spunk too! until my hoop decided to fly off the stage. Yeap! I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry. I mean I really wanted to get this right so much! It was my prom for gawd's sake! Where grace and poise were the 2 main factors. Felt a bit disappointed but oh well. Been there done that actually. Embarrassment isn't exactly new to me. *wink*

so anyway, the rest of the prom was great. although i liked SJ prom better because that was the end of 5 years and this is the end of 1. So there's a different mood to it. I didn't know two thirds of the people last night. =) Snap a few
pics though not as much as last year. I forgot to take a full length picture of myself. hehe...=)

After that at about 1 am my classmates decided to go to Mentari for mamak. I was supposed to tag along. Even supposed to drive these peeps there. But as u all have guessed it, the break lights were still on. And the car would not start. yup...story of my prom! The guys each tried their best but it was either they feared to dirty their prom suits or they just weren't born mechanics. haha nola...we didn't have a jump start cable. So no choice i called my very own Mr Incredible, daddy for help. He was actually already sleeping. So i told my friends to go ahead without me. There was no way they were gonna go home without me so no point asking my friends to wait. Whole family came in pyjamas and brought the cables.

Daddy took some time to start the car coz somehow the alarm kept going off and the car still wouldn't start. My car's remote is not working so we took some time to figure out how to get rid of the alarm hehe. Think my dad was half asleep since i pulled him out of bed. so anyway, we managed to fix the situation by about 1.45 am. Yeap we spent that long in the sunway carpark.

Came home dead tired. Took a bath and while waiting for my hair to dry, had the opportunity of talking to Elaine about personal matters. hehe miss talking to that gurl. =) Funny how we have so much to talk only during the wee hours of the night. Both of us were waiting for our hair to dry so we chatted till 4 plus. when she went off I wrote the previous poem. Did it in like 5-10 minutes? Emotions were flowing...=)

Finally went off at about 4.30 am. By then I had been awake for 22 hours already. =)

18th November - The story of the Proton car

I woke up to the sound of my alarm. Not the clock's. The car's. Was 11.30 am then. I looked out the window and saw my mum and maid pushing the proton out of the house. jumped out of bed to help them. The Unser was used to jump start the car again so that it would be sent to the mechanics. However, once the Proton's engine started rumbling, the Unser's died. haha...and in a few minutes, the Proton's died too. hahaha so in the end it was my mother's old faithful that saved the 2 cars. Brought it to the mechanics to fix the light and recharge the battery manually.

But when we brought it home in the evening, it failed to start again. Gawd! So my dad concluded that it was the battery that was dead. As in no longer useable. So both my dad and I started fixing the new battery (which was initially bought for the Unser) with torch lights and now it's working again! Thank God! Tomorrow I have to go get another battery for the Unser. =).

So yea...Sweet november, a night to remember. I don't see why not...hehe...

No comments: