Monday, October 09, 2006

when 15 years of friendship counts

there is only one girl who has seen me in basically every single hairdo, outfit, appearence and mood that i can master. i'm not sure how long i've known her, but i'm guessing since kindergarten. that would make me 5 years old then. which means i've known her for 15 years of my life!

l-r: hanzy, shadzy, mei, me, jude


and back when autograph books were passed around like the common flu, this girl was probably the first person who called me her best friend. people used to say when i fell down, she'd cry and vice versa. quite honestly i don't recall that happening. i do recall her and i being the number 1 student in standard 1 with this other girl, and then getting whooped in the ass by her in every single subject from then on. and when we had the 5 pm to 7 pm neighbourhood playtime, her house would be the first house i ran to.

mei, me, and baby keith!


and in kindergarten, every girl wanted to sit next to me (yes i was a popular kid when i was 5, must be the chubbyish charms *wink*) and i'd choose to sit next to her. until this other neighbour's grandmother made sure i sat next to her grandson so i could "keep an eye on him".

we drifted apart for a while in the later primary school years, and in secondary school we merely exchanged waves. but then we started hanging out again sometime in...i dont know...when boys started to be an issue. i'm glad we did. i think she once wrote in my book that we'd be friends forever.

Mei, i'm sure we will. :)

Happy 20th Birthday Mei!

No comments: