Friday, October 06, 2006

pieces of today

The chap fan store at the market place has reduced its prices again! This "economy rice" is my avenue of consolation whenever i feel like eating out but the wallet just seems a little too dry. But early this semester they raised the price of their fried chicken and i almost cried (figuratively speaking)! but now it's cheap again!
i had a 3 and a half hour break today but for some reason i didnt feel like going back home for lunch. felt as if i havent been free in ages so i wanted to chill around for a bit. i was queuing up behind this tall black guy. when i took a helping of the "see kak dau" (4 angle beans), he asked me what they were. so i told him it's a type of bean. he asked me if it was good and i said "Look how much i took? Do you trust me?". he laughed and said he did. so i started talking to him, found out he was from Nigeria and he studied in Seafield Institute. we chatted a little till we reached the "cashier lady". Out of the blue he asks "Do you want me to pay for you? have lunch with me". and i was like "Oh nononono! dont need, thanks" and scurried off like a lizard. was i overreacting?
heh.
***
i was asked to emcee the upcoming Metro Idol next Thursday. looks like i'll be apart of it afterall. Can't sing, can't dance, what do i do to get in? Emcee! but as it is i'm having second thoughts. as much as i enjoy public speaking, i honestly have pretty bad experiences when it comes to emceeing.
in kindergarten, we had cue cards and there was this particular one with the opening paragraph and the closing paragraph on the same card. i read the opening again after the performance ended and got laughed at by a hall of parents. imagine the kinda of trauma that can cause to a 6 year old!
then i was emcee for my dad's company's family day once. my dad was the organizing chairperson, so he figured it'd be cute if a little girl was the emcee. i think i was about 10. i read my cue cards like throughout, without looking up at the audience.
so you can draw that i am not too good with spontaneity. now 10 years later, i wonder if i've gained enough exposure to be able to crack a joke thats not half as lame on the spot. *shrugs*
***
i was rather annoyed with my HRM tutor, as you can see from my previous post. so i came home very VERY much in need of a good work out. The haze wasn't helping. And everyone was sleeping in the living room. so i changed into my sweats, slapped my mp3 player onto my arm and got onto the exercising bike. Isaiah was right again. it really is much easier to cycle to a beat of a song. I was cautious to pick only fast beats to put into the player. and i covered 12.3 km in 31 minutes. haha!
Powerman, here i come!

No comments: