Monday, October 02, 2006

what ive been doing

so the semester break came and left. my last post had me thinking that i'd have the free time to curl up at the head of my bed, with my piggie tucked nicely under my arms, allowing the novels of Mary Higgins Clark to drift me away from reality.

but alas, that moment came only once in my 9 day break. free time was an illusion. i was bustling up and down throughout the week entertaining, as my mum put it, my "thousand and one different groups of friends". one day it was a day out with the SJians, next it was my lovely RSGs, then it was my new found Metro clicks, and somewhere along the way i was out playing Miss Tour Guide for my OB dudes. *shrugs*

i only managed to run once in that week too. i did set the alarm clock at 7 am several times, but as far as im concerned, i dont remember hearing it ring. and by the time evening came...well, by the time evening came i was out somewhere with one of those aforementioned. so, not only was i spending as if i grew a money tree, i was eating like i was starved (i swear if i puasa i'd die) and i did nothing to burn off those calories.

well, to look at things from a positive light, i had a great sem break. there was not a day which i stayed home and did absolutely nothing. i guess the major events were the Genting day trip with Grace, Jayson, Adrian, Daniel, KK and Vanny; and the Leadership Camp in PD.

shall i report? i think i shall. a brief.

to me, i'd only go to Genting for 2 reasons - the theme park and the weather. Oh, and to race, so that's 3. and maybe when i turn 21, i'd have 'to gamble' on the list and it'll be 4. but on a general note, it's 2. so the first thing we did when we reached up there was to get ourselves wristbands for all parks. that burnt a large hole in my pocket, but the moment i got on the rides, i forgave Lim Goh Tong. i went on the space shot 3 times, drove the bumper cars twice and went on many others. unfortunately cork screw was closed, else i'd have ridden on it like 3 times too. the guys introduced me to Mamak Genting which from now on shall be where i dine if ever i'm in Genting. i left together with KK and Daniel after dinner because i had to come home to plan for the Angels Cup. i had a ball! thanks to Jayson for organizing it, and Daniel for driving me. :) Next time Sunway Lagoon??

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


the Leadership Camp report is still in the process. Yanyee asked me to do a write up, so when i'm done with that i'll just post it here. But in short, the camp was amazing! I learned a lot quite honestly, eventhough that wasn't my purpose for going. I met like a truck load of new people with very very interesting characters. I once said i'd given up scouting for hunks in my college, but i guess i just never looked hard enough. haha...and finally, i came home a changed person. this, i'm afraid you'll have to wait for the report to know more. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


on other things, the sun is annoyingly bright and furious today. i could feel my skin roasting when i walked to college today. my eyelids were drooping too. so much for the first day of college. but as i type this minute, it's pouring cats and dogs. my mum started lecturing me about the equinox and hujan perolakan and whatnots. heh.

No comments: