Sunday, October 22, 2006

waltz into my life again

only with you, i'd turn around
running back to where i came from
only with you, i'd retrace the path
flipping up stones in search for breadcrumbs

only with you, i'd stop in my tracks
just to recount the days we had
only with you, i'd see a significance
in everything that i thread

only with you, i'd stop a smile
from curling up my lips
just because of the thought of you
having your arms around her hips

only with you, i'd walk a long way through time
to heal, to move on with whatever life reckons
only to have you talk to me again
and have my wound pried open in seconds

they say time is a healer
through time we forgive and forget
they say time helps us move on
through time we forego our regrets

only with you, i'd let myself get hurt
i'd bear the tears and the pain
yet stretch my arms wide open
to have you waltz into my life again

i realised i have not written a poem in donkey years. considering inspiration comes to me in the form of heartbreak and pain, the lack of poems are a good sign. :) but i shall do justice to the name of this blog, hence ive written a little something from experience. it's annoying, really, when there is someone who just have that much control over you. almost crippling...yet in a desired way.

i'll be headed to Terengganu in exactly 6 hours time. its a big family getaway, with cousins, aunts and uncles, grandfather...should be fun! i'll be back only on Wednesday. don't miss me! :)

No comments: