Sunday, October 15, 2006

shopping disaster

the girls were awfully playful this morning. i had a throat scratching yelling session because they just wouldn't listen. not in an angry bitch fit manner, but more of a raised voice pleading manner. they were climbing over my head like nobody's business.

so when i came home, i dropped down like a sack of potatoes. for some reason, i was drained of energy. slept till lunch time, where Mummy made delicious mee suah kiam chai teng. and then, considering i've already napped, i had an afternoon to while away. since Daddy wanted me to get him his extended warranty from Pyramid, i figured it was about time i called up Ju for some good ol' best friend bonding session.

got myself a couple of nail polish bottles from Sasa. and this SilkyGirl funky eyelights, green of course. :) yea was in the mood to shop for cosmetics for some unknown reason. then headed over to French Blues where i tried on a couple of elegant looking tops - the kind you can wear to a nice dinner function or something.
uhuh...i just looooooveeeeee butterflies. i'm drawn to them. :) they both fit rather snugly on me. if only i had an occassion to wear them to. *shrugs*

anyway, before we left, i dropped by the PC shop and got Daddy's extended warranty. then headed straight to the carpark and off to send Ju home. when i was about to leave Ju's house, i checked my handbag and the warranty was no where in sight! i don't know how it went missing. my memory failed me. the only thing i remember was the warranty card being too huge to fit into the handbag. i was unable to zip it. but what did i do after that? did i take it out? did i leave it in my bag, unzipped?? try as i might i just could not recall!

Ju was nice enough to accompany me back to Pyramid, where she went and traced back every step we took from the PC shop to the lift to the autopay machine to the carpark. she couldn't find it! We even went back to Ju's house and checked the fridge coz i took out a box of strawberries from it when i sent her back the first time. i searched the entire car and ground under it. just couldn't find it!

came home and told Mummy. Anticipated Daddy's return and then told him what happened too. His brows furrowed, then relaxed. and he just kept quiet! then he took the phone and called the PC shop and asked if he could get a replacement. the answer was no. he still stayed quiet and i just kept on apologizing. seeing that i wasn't getting a response so soon, i went back up to my room. then suddenly, he popped in and asked "Want to go jogging, Karen?"

haha...it was drizzling tho, so Mummy went on the threadmill, I went on the bike and Daddy went on the couch. he wasn't mad at me. But he did tell me not to repeat my mistake. i feel bad...but looking at the things i bought made me happier a tad.

goodness i'm turning bimbotic. *shrugs*

No comments: