Saturday, October 28, 2006

what have i gotten myself into?

last night, kor told me to sign up for Powerman quick, before the deadline comes. i'm so used to being called by Uncle Peter that i assumed he'd sign me up already. since he didn't call, i decided to send him a message.

yes, i'm being very brave. not only have i never done a full individual Powerman, i have also never done a full individual MMDS (which is shorter than Powerman), and i have never cycled more than 40 km in my life. Powerman is a 10 km run, 60 km bike, 10 km run event. i know for a fact that on 11th November 2006, i'll be dragging my sorry ass back to the finish line on all fours. that's if i ever come back, God forbid i pass out in the middle of the race course.

it must've been quite a shocker for Uncle Peter and the peeps at Powerman because today i got a call from Powerman Malaysia!

Melody: Hello Karen! Melody here...from Powerman...
Me: Oh hi Melody!
Melody: Hey! Peter told me you're doing individual this time.
Me: *laughs* yea...
Melody: Are you sure? Long Distance?
Me: erm...yea [confidence level slipping]
Melody: *hesitates* well...ok la i'll put your name in
Me: okay thanks [hangs up before i can change my mind]

great. even Melody has doubts. what the hell was i thinking?? but that wasn't all. a while later during lunch, Uncle Peter calls me up.

Peter: Wei...
Me: Yea? Hello! Melody just called me...
Peter: Yea...so you doing full ah? 60 km bike you know.
Me: yea i know...*laughs*
Peter: Its at 1 pm you know....eh, need training wan you know! How's your training?
Me: erm...hehe...gotla...got train...okla...
Peter: This Sunday you running SJ 10k?
Me: yup.
Peter: Saturday you follow me. We go for long ride in Putrajaya
Me: *gulps* what time you all leaving?
Peter: Leaving my house at half past 7.
Me: okay...[sinks into oblivion]....but i'm very slow!
Peter: don't worry we have one girl very slow also...
Me: okay...
Peter: okla. see you saturday ah!

darn. you know the feeling you get when you're sitting outside the principal's office, waiting to enter? or when you're next up for the Lisan dan Bacaan exam? uhuh...i walked around all day trying to shirk that feeling to no avail. So i got onto the exercise bike and did 15 km. made me feel a tad better.

now if i could just do that another 4 more times non stop...

No comments: