Saturday, June 26, 2004

can't run away...

Seemed quite dead when we haven't spoken
To each other for quite some time
I guess I was pretty uncertain
If what I did was considered a "crime"

Some might say I'm being paranoid
To jump to such a conclusion
But there's no refilling the void
That grew right after the confession

I think that there's a slight chance
A possibility of you avoiding me
But then what used to make my heart dance
Is now replaced by subtle worry

I actually felt a lot better today
As i swept my thoughts under the carpet
But just as the way people say
That's not gonna get rid of it

I don't know how long it'll take
For us to return to our normal ways
But to put on a smile, I cannot fake
At least for another few more days

I wonder if it would be selfish of me
If I were to make a certain request
And hopefully make ammense eventually
But for now, I just need the rest

Would it be too much if i asked
That for a while, we do not speak
I have no doubt it'll be quite a task
For me to achieve the peace i seek

I've thought of this as an answer
To somehow cast my feelings away
But knowing me I know I can never
At least for now, I cannot run away

erm...one more confession here...I was actually happier today. And i wondered what could be the cause. It could possibly be the choir performance i attended last night. ever heard of Let the Music Heal Your Soul? yea..i think i got healed by it. then today's dance class was pretty fun and i gave it my best. so it kinda took my mind off things a little.
But very very honestly...from the moment i saw your number on my phone just now, it all came rushing back...and now i'm back to square one. so i dunno if the only way i could go back to being just a friend is if i stopped talking to you for a while? But like i said, knowing me, I can't run. I can't shut myself up and pretend i never knew you. It'll probably cause more pain than good.

No comments: