Friday, June 08, 2007

in my memory

In September 2005, a rather rotund man with a cheesy smile came up to me in the Putrajaya Powerman. He said hi, and told me he's been to my blog. I can't remember feeling any more pleased. i think it was among the first few times a reader approached me in real life and tell me he/she's been to my blog and that alone was enough to make my day. (it still does now, btw...:))

anyway, i learned later from blog surfing that the guy was a Powerbar team elite member. and that he was fighting a brain tumour. i learned that he started the Penguin group of athletes, to inspire other overweight people to get up and get active.

I met him at a couple of other events after Powerman 2005. And he never failed to give me that same cheesy smile.

Today, Terence Leong passed away. My regret is not having any pictures taken with him. I hope the Penguins continue to race and recruit more people. I wish his family my deepest condolences.

Terence, you're in my memory....:)

2 comments:

TriStupe said...

Terence is a gem.

i found out about his passing 3 days too late.

did you manage to go for his wake?

galnexdor said...

no i didn't...

yeap...God bless his soul...