Monday, June 11, 2007

a little training deficit

i haven't been training much lately. i haven't been running much. i used the spinning machine about 2-3 times in the last month. and i sure as hell have not touched the pool. it is a bit worrying considering i aim to do an OD in July.

and lately, my dad and my brothers are ALL about training. especially my recently turned IT-savvy father, who has engaged a training log which logs the amount of training he does everyday. and my brother too. when they first told me about this training log of theirs, i swore never to be intimidated by them. so they work out religiously. Good for them. but the more i looked at it, the more i feel the pressure to get up and sweat it out a little.

then i chanced upon JonMing.com. and he too has come up with some form of training log. and, boy has he been logging! which is very impressive. Jon Ming is a friend of Jonathan and Sam, my 2 esteemed running friends who have taken a big step into the world of running and looking to stay in there for long. In all my years of persuasion, these 2, especially Sam has been the longest lasting friend of mine to stay in the running world.

I knew for a fact from my shameful defeat in the NB 15km run that Sam has been training. a lot. Now i know Jon Ming has too. It's all very amazing. it really is.

I repent. I wanna start taking my training seriously again. Just keep logging, people! There are times when kiasuness serves as an advantage...this is one of them.

7 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

So this means you'll be 'logging' too? Yalah, dad does about 5km EVERYDAY... that's 35km a week! Which is more than what I do sometimes when I take rest days. Come on, Powergal... if this is no motivation... I don't know what is...

TriStupe said...

i find it easier to log in diary la...finish training, write inside...wiht online log, there is an extra username and password to remember...

LOL.

train hard Karen...see u in PD...and try not to lap me ok!

jote said...

ooh.. i see mention made of my name. have to say i agree with stupe though, a physical log is easier to keep than a cyber one - in my case at least.

galnexdor said...

kor: yesyes...will train will train...ud be pleased to know im doing rpm once a week now...:) and i'm going to start running every other day...and slowly, i'll swim once a week too...hahaha

stupe: haha thats the aim stupe!

jote: ah...u keep training, my boy! keep it up...=)

Jamie Pang said...

go here to read the comments: http://carboman.blogspot.com/2006/11/kl-international-marathon-2007-change.html

in case you didn't know, Terence aka Penguin 6 passed away last week. Even in the throes of advance stage he was thinking of doing the full (per comments in the above post). if you need motivation, i don't think it gets stronger than this. my blog has more tribute to this great guy...

galnexdor said...

hehe yeap...i am inspired now...ive started training again...:) and timing myself even...something which ive not done in a while

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.