Tuesday, June 05, 2007

teardrops

why exactly do people cry at farewells? what exactly are they sad about?

is it the thought of the person's absence? the mere fact that he/she won't be there when needed? is it the fact that overseas calls are so friggin's expensive and timezones are a pain in the arse? is it the worry that he/she won't be able to take care of him/herself? that he/she might break down out of homesickness and loneliness?

or is it the fear of uncertainty of what lies ahead? the fear of not knowing how different the future would be from now on? the fear of "out of sight, out of mind", that we'd drift apart and forget how close we once were. i have that fear.

i fear that the distance and the absence would change everything. i fear that the next time i see her, we'd have a whole 2 years of tales and new memories to form a gap between us. i fear that i may forget the little things about her through time, like how she sometimes switches off the fan on purpose so that she can sweat, or her liking for simple white things. like how her second toe cannot be straight, and her ability to hold the "cobra" pose far longer than any of us could.

I'm already missing her. She was the best shopping partner ever! She'd tell me what looks good and what didn't. I loved our sleepovers. Though she usually falls asleep on me. I'd miss calling her up just for fun, just because i havent heard from her all week. RSG gatherings will never be the same without her. I'd miss the things she gets for me whenever she goes for a trip. And the cakes and cookies she gives to me when she feels domesticated enough to bake. I'd miss her remedies for removing double chins and chubby cheeks. I'd miss her being there for almost everything i did. I'd forever miss being her gim partner in all my 8 years of gimrama.

Darn...i would really really miss her. :(
Lyn...don't forget to remember me aye?

6 comments:

TriStupe said...

I love that song.
"don't forget to remember me"

wanna sing together gether?

galnexdor said...

hah yes yes...

*sings* don't forget to rememberrrrr meeeeeeeeee....

Anonymous said...

your friend lyn is leaving to study overseas? or is she migrating or sumthin?

Rahul

galnexdor said...

studying overseas...but when she comes back i'll be going abroad...so i wont see her in yearssssss

shirlyn said...

hey ren..i've been bz..so forgive me for posting this comment late....u really know me n understand me well...hehe...

im gonna miss u alot too....i dono how many times mus i say thank you to u for all the things u have done for me...u have always made me feel tht im special to u...

eventho we do not contact each other everyday..but i know i'll always have my best friend there when i need jus abt anything...i wun forget to remember u!!! bcuz 11 yrs of friendship is sthn worth treasuring...take care ren...miss ya!!

galnexdor said...

:) *hugs*