Tuesday, January 02, 2007

old flames?

"Carl! Caaaaa-aaarrllll! Can you seem them??"
"I can seem them! So many!!!"

Almost 15 years back, the company my dad was working for had a family trip to Kuala Selangor. Back then the fellow collagues and their families met very often for family days and stuff. We went to watch the Kelip-Kelip (Fireflies). It was amazing...

Now, well into my 20s (yes i'm feeling OLD), i find myself going back there again, hand in hand with little cousins who, like me then, were jumping up and down eager to see this so called fire bugs. and just like me, they ooh-ed and aah-ed at the marvelous creatures, shouting across to each other's boats in the darkness.

hmm...i wonder where he is, Carl, who shouted across to my boat in the darkness that same place 15 years ago...

yes, i want to find him. for some strange unknown reason, i wish to find him.

No comments: