Tuesday, January 16, 2007

oops, i did it again

remember how i said i'm gonna give new year resolutions a miss this year because i'll never be able to achieve them? today's a good example.

if i were to make a resolution this year it would be to end all eleventh hour work and avoid procrastination. and as simple as that resolution may be, i might have broken it today already, and i'm barely into the month of February!

once again, i've completed my individual assignment, a 1500 word report in a single day. It is due tomorrow. or rather, in a few hour's time. ha! so i did have aspirations to maybe earn myself another HD this time. i did have aspirations to maybe boost that 68.8 average to a 70 plus average. but i guess, once again, i'm settling for mediocre.

i really need to change this attitude of mine. baahhhh!

Anyway, i've started labelling my posts. but 600 plus posts is a hard number to track down. so i've only managed to tag 2 different labels i.e. 'muscles' for my running, swimming (hopefully), and cycling related posts, and 'rhymes' for all my poems. going back into the years 2003 and 2004, i realised i actually managed to write a poem a day back then. and i must say, i am impressed by my own rhyming ability. i think i've lost it, because inspiration to write don't come as easily these days.

then again, considering inspiration to write poems comes in the form of heartache and pain, the lack of poems is a good sign. but still, i would like to be able to rhyme just about anytime anywhere, like how i used to. so i guess i'd have to find a new form of inspiration. :)

but for namesake, here's one for tonight.

i guess i've always been a little too proud
to tell myself that he's more than alright
to remind myself of my own flaws
to see the both of us as right

i guess i've always been a little too jealous
of the people who once looked up to me
the people who now tells me what's wrong
and tried to advise me accordingly

i guess i've always been a little too condescending
of the people i deem to be untrue
the people who walk with masks
the people i never really knew

i guess i've always been a little too careful
of paths that i may stray from unknowingly
of people that may deceive me
of journeys that seem just a little too crazy

No comments: