Saturday, January 13, 2007

how my day went from glum to glam

when i opened my eyes for the 3rd time since i switched my alarm off at 7 am, the clock was already showing 11 am. i had slammed the alarm off, and slept for another 4 hours before i decided to wake up. needless to say, i was groggy and moody.

i had Milo for breakfast which for some reason upsetted my stomach, so that by the time lunch came, i was in no mood to eat. still i ate a bit and grudgingly changed and went to college. the rain was pouring down so my mum dropped me off at the front gate.

dreading every second of my day, i wished for the billionth time since i woke up, that there would be another blackout or class would miraculously be cancelled, none of which happened. and then, half an hour into lecture, my phone started vibrating. the caller ID registered an unfamiliar PJ number. i held my breath. could it be?

fading out Mr Henry's voice in the background, i ducked down and answered the call...

"Hello? Is this Karen Siah?"
"Hi, yea Karen speaking"
"Karen do you know who i am?"
yes i do, but let's not raise my hopes here now
"um...no?"
"Karen, this is Rahimi here"
gasp!
"Oh hi Rahimi!"
"Hi Karen, I hope i'm not disturbing you" no no...not in a million years, no... "But i have some good news for you"
"Really? You do? *laughs* That's great to hear..."
"Do you know what it is?"
uhuh yea, take ur time, stall longer!
"Did i get into the team?"
"*laughs* Yes Karen, welcome to the family!"

oh.my.gawd. yes my dear friends, excuse my moment of self indulgence but YOU are currently reading a Powerbar Team Elite member's blog! i am IN the TEAM! i swear if it weren't for the narrow lecture theatre chairs, and the fact that there was actually a lecture going on, i would've screamed and kicked and thrown a fit!

needless to say, that pretty much made my day. Now i know Mr Rahimi would probably be surfing into this site pretty often now. If he is reading this i wouldn't know where to hide my face the next time i see him, but yes i truly truly appreciate them selecting me.

whoopee!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats karen! quite an achievement. ;)

galnexdor said...

haha thanks kenneth! :)

Anonymous said...

Grats grats! I heard got sponsorship and all... ^^ Makes everything worth while...

C-CUBE said...

ren: congrats, wat a great achievement!!!! I am so happy for you, train harder!!!!!

p0ol3rBuoY said...

i wanna eat powerbar... =)
congrats karen..shows how good u really are..good luck and god bless u alrite?? take care.!

galnexdor said...

haha thanks everyone...

train harder? uhuh...yea...most definitely....cannot pang chui...:)

Anonymous said...

congrats, congrats indeed. Seems now I am surrounded by more and more team elite members. He! He! .

galnexdor said...

eh hello zailan...thanks!

Anonymous said...

wow!! congrats ren!!

Wendy said...

congrats karen!!! dun forget to share some of ur powerbar gel with me k...hahaha just kidding. hope to see u again in upcoming races. im happy for u. :)

galnexdor said...

thank u thank u!

yes wendy...i'll see u around :)