Saturday, November 19, 2005

where's the Purple Girl?

no doubt i'm no where near the medal tally for triathlons and duathlons...i'm not even among the top half of the triathletes and duathletes. but it's comforting to know that these people know me. haha...

my little brother came home from his OKH swim meet today and told me Joey Chan went for the Titiwangsa Tri. Joey was my swimmer in one of the relays i took part in. an adorable little boy my brother's age. Joey said that the people there were asking "where's the Purple Girl?". so funny...to be known as the Purple Girl...to be known. period. hehe....

it was a pity that i wasn't able to take part in Titiwangsa Tri. i think it's the first time i've skipped a tri ever since i started many years back. Oh...apart from the Kenyir one. :) i love taking part in these races...and some day, i shall be among those up on stage...

***


i just got a job as a promo girl. it's just a 3-day stint in KLCC from 2-4 December. the cool thing is i get RM120 a day. oh and uniforms are provided. i have to go for wardrobe fitting on Monday, which makes me worry a little, thinking of what sort of "uniform" i'll be donning. ain't no mini lycra skirt is gonna cover my thunder thighs....hehe....

***


i went for a body fat analysis recently. one of the guys there was Jen Lye, a former schoolmate. when he saw me going in he went "Karen siah? don't need to take la, you're not fat!". He should not have said that. I stepped onto that fat reading machine and i am fat. I have 25.4% body fat when a normal female under 30 years of age should have 22% and below. 25% and above is categorized as "high risk of obesity". i'm on high risk of obesity, people! Keep me away from fatty foods! but i've had chicken rice once, carbonara once and garlic cheese naan once since the test. i think my body fat percentage now has sky rocketed from "high risk of obesity" to just "obese".

No comments: