Tuesday, April 20, 2004

~ When tears threaten to fall ~

Draw in a deep breath
Will yourself to stay calm
Reassure that you will not break
Bury your face in your palms

Paste a bright smile on your face
Swallow back those drops of water
Before you enter to face everyone
You have to pull yourself together

Hide away your sadness
Seek comfort only from a few
The ones who you trust
The ones who care for you

Little things the people do
In fact i did them all
To try and make a happy picture
When tears threaten to fall

i cried today...coz i flunked my physics, coz i lost my scrunchie, coz i didn't get the UWC scholarship. May seem too little to you to bring out tears, but that scholarship meant more than just what it is. It meant that I, too, was capable of getting a scholarship. That I'm not that far away from my brother.

No comments: