Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Birthday Por Por

Quite some time back...when my mum had just taught me the art of cross-stitching...I had this craze for stitching everone something for their birthdays. But because i was very slow at it (it's my nature...i've short sttention spans, so i never stitched for long at one point) i would have to prepare myself at least a couple of months earlier than the birthdate if i were to succesfully complete something.

needless to say...i never did. i'd buy a cross-stitch pack...start it really fast...and towards the 5th or 6th day, i'd give up and ask my mum to complete it for me. and when she did, i'd be so disappointed that the gift wasnt genuinely my effort, that i'd eventually decide to buy something else. and this happened very very often...till the day i grew tired of cross-stitching.

but there was one person, whom i really wanted to give a cross-stitch work to. and that was my grandma. simply because she wouldn't appreciate t-shirts, and she couldnt eat cakes, and she loved to sew. she made me batu seremban before. she made me a beautiful sling bag resembling the ones they sold at Memory Lane. and she knitted a shawl for me too.

so i really wanted to return the favour. but i was too fickle-minded to finish one. so...sad to say...i never did.

today is my grandma's birthday. i still haven't made any cross-stitch work. and she's no longer with me. it's hard to believe...

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
Image hosting by Photobucket
porpor,
happy birthday. missing you ever more...
lots of love, ren...

No comments: