Sunday, March 19, 2006

hanging up those trainers

i've had it. call me a quiter, call me a sore loser. it's time i hung up those trainers. i can no longer run. when i have to stop and gasp for air at a silly10km race, you know i've gone far beyond fixable.

the Power Run in KL has proved that i am, like what my mum said to the old microwave oven that broke down, kau tang already. Which means, i have done all that i could have done.

i've already signed up for the 15 km run in May. So i'll go for that. But till then, and thereafter, i won't be participating anymore. That'll save me some disappointment.

It's sad that i've come to this. For the past 7 years running has been one of my passions. But that was because i progressed exponentially. Now i'm heading downwards.

Unless i am confident enough to take on another run, without having to stop for breaks, then i'll enter the arena again.

till then...i'm quitting the game...

No comments: