Thursday, March 16, 2006

The Vending Machine

once again, my perfectly planned-out just and well balanced training schedule has been ruined by the evil demon called Assignments. [Of course, i could always blame it on my lack of will power and discipline, and my excess level of procrastination, but if i did, then my post tonight ends here.]

we've been asked to create a Vending Machine for Consumer Behaviour 102. The vending machine must consist food that will cater to young and old, health-conscious, vegetarians and diabetics and anything we can possibly think of to make it more sellable. We are to present it and the best group will compete with the best groups of other tutorials, and then best of the best wins...i'm not sure what...but i'm guessing bonus points.

anyway, i've got this Indonesian in my group and he's really cool. He's got this really hi-tec compact PC which i think is from Sony Vaio. and he's got this super cool camera handphone. and he's got tinted blue spectacles. and he's got this really funny accent. and...he thinks i'm not pure chinese.

it's not the first time. people always mistake me to be Malay or Thai or Indonesian. there was once a Malay vendor had doubts about selling me food during the puasa month. it's so odd...not offensive...but odd. i know i'm dark...but i believe i've got very chinese features...don't i??

during my cousin's wedding, about 3 or 4 relatives questioned why i was so dark. and they try to be as nice about it as they possibly can, but i can see that what they're trying to imply is that being dark is bad. being dark is unfortunate. i say go fly kite!

i'm proud of complexion. i could use, like Weng Lum said, a more even tan, but apart from that i'm loving it. It gives me a less fragile, more tough look. and i like that!

i cant stand snow white people. Boys and girls alike. They look pale and malnourished. I know that not all of them are. I actually know some triathletes who are porcelein-smooth, silky-white skinned. But it's rare. So more often than not, fair people aren't active people.

***

i've been eating a lot. i'm so scared i'll go into a compulsive eating disorder. seriously, i consume a lot of food in a day. and i'm always hungry. my mum told me to stop eating that day. and that has never happened in my life! my family live to eat....haha...

No comments: