Sunday, December 26, 2004

[ war torn ]

check this out:

my left arm and my left ankle

My cousin said i looked like some war casualty. Another cousin teased that my parents could be held for abusive nature. haha...the bandage on my arm was caused by a bug bite during OBS. I earlier thought it was a pimple but then it started swelling. I'm unable to bend and stretch my arm fully coz the wound is directly on the other side of my elbow, (the fold of my arm). So i went to see a doctor coz my dad was saying that there may be eggs hatching inside! eeeiw....thank God it was nothing of that sort, but rather some poison/toxin that's injected by the bug.

My ankle has a rather humourous story to it, though. I got it by spraining my ankle during gim class on Friday night. Mrs Khaw was saying i survived 2 weeks in OB unharmed, but somehow managed to get myself hurt within an hour of gim class. Plus, i've been in the sport for over 8 years and i've never sprained my ankle! so anyway, there was a pretty loud crack to it. But somehow after a while it didn't hurt so much anymore. I could still carry on with the exception of the toe-breaker. At night, it started to swell a little, but walking was still easily done with minimal pain. The next morning, as i was getting out of bed to switch off my hp alarm, my right leg (better leg) gave way just as i stepped out of bed with it! I have no idea what happened, how it happened, why it happened. It was just lifeless at that moment and i collapsed into a heap on the floor, re-spraining my left ankle. I would've laughed at the thought of it all, if it weren't for the excruciating pain i was feeling. Within 30 minutes of that incident, my ankle swelled up so much i had no ankle left. I had difficulty walking, and my korkor had labelled me physically disabled. haha...so i limped around throughout the day till about 7 pm, my uncle decided to bring me to a tit tah yi sang (tabib cina). Gawd, i couldn't bear to watch him twist n turn my ankle around as though i was born boneless. And the pain!!! It was soooo painful i had my teeth clenched and fists gripped throughout that 40 minute session! But after that, i feel much better. I can walk with more ease now, though the painful sensation still strikes once in a while if i were to hit a precarious angle.

Now i'm off to bed. I need to prop my foot up so as to not let gawd knows what fluid coagulate at my ankle. Hopefully it gets better by monday...going out with OB peeps again! =) Nite!

No comments: