Saturday, May 22, 2010

enfermo

Estoy enfermo.

I caught the flu. Winter 1, Karen 0.

I called in sick to work today, but I feel kinda sad doing so. Because that's $120 I'll be missing. Damn. I hate being a casual worker. No work no pay. But, on the other hand, I've not had a Saturday off in a long time. I wonder what I should do today. Well, I obviously need to do my report at some point. But right now I'm just soaking in the free time. =)

I'm hungry. But my throat does not like the idea of toasts, nor cold breakfast cereal. And there's nothing else u can eat here unfortunately. I miss kuey tiaw soup. I dreamt of my family this morning. I dreamt I was walking down the staircase, there were heaps of people at home, and I was snaking through them to look for my mum. Because she would know what to give me if I'm sick...boo~ =(

I'm such a baby, right? Well, I could really use hot soupy noodles right now but I can't get any. Not at this time anyway.

I've slept for about 10-11 hours. But I still feel like sleeping. I'm not exactly sleepy, more I can't be fussed to do anything else.

meh. im gonna make porridge.

2 comments:

Li-Ann said...

Hey Karen! Yes Kuey Tiao Terng from mother is the best thing... If you can make it yourself that would be excellent. Or do like what I did when my oldest sister got sick when I was in first year (she's one of those "i'll just brave this cold out" people)--and make some form of chickeny soup and you WILL feel better, if only for the fact that you think "Oh I'm all grown up I can take care of myself when I'm sick". Tom yum soup paste also isnt bad for clearing nasal passages.

galnexdor said...

haha hey li-ann! yeah, i thought of it. but ever since i board with this family i never go n buy groceries anymore because they cook for me. and their house doesnt have much. haha...they're very simple n health conscious people.

anyway yea i had one of those sachet soups, which was kinda yucky...but does make me feel slightly better.

now im wondering if i should've just gone to work. My $120! hee..