Wednesday, July 01, 2009

8 hours

People often say a healthy person needs 7-8 hours of sleep per night. "Some scientists have suggested that sleeping less than eight hours per night is a significant risk factor for increased sickness, and even death." That was from an article. Then some other articles say that anything more than 8 hours or less than 4 hours increases death rates. Anyway, i'm not gonna make this into a lit review, although I think that might be quite interesting.

I have always liked to have 8 hours of sleep a night. Ever since I got to Auckland anyway. Back at home I'd be quite proud if i didn't get 8 hours, which meant I could have my afternoon nap. I'd stay up late and sleep well into the day. But here in Auckland I seem to crawl into bed at 12 midnight latest. When i had classes I'd be up at 6.30 am. But I get afternoon naps. When I don't have classes I get up at 8. ish.

I was so tired I slept last night at 10.30 pm. By the 8 hour rule, I should've been up by 6.30 am. And believe it or not I actually was. But I decided to go back to sleep for a bit and woke up again at 7.30. that makes it 9 hours of sleep. And I am now worried that I may be dying a couple of minutes younger now.

***

Boring nana-ish stuff aside, I am done with my exams, and the reason why i haven't been blogging about it was coz this dude was over in Auckland and I was trying to be a nice host. I think I didn't do too bad. =)
navin, me, qing xiang

It's always nice to have friends from home around. So when's the next one coming? =)

1 comment:

Lydia said...

would love too! then we can go race together again! =)