Tuesday, June 13, 2006

"woh yi ding bu ben!"

yes, i, the girl-who-never-cries-at-movies-except-for-one-time-which-will-be-a-story-for-another-day, have just thrown away wads of tissue and am still sniffling from what i think is the most emotional movie i have ever watched.


Actually, i'm already backdated. I Not Stupid Too was released in February if i'm not mistaken. For those of you who are blurer sotongs than i, this movie is a Singaporean production, showcasing the deteriorating parent-children relationships of Singapore. It's actually a sequel to I Not Stupid which i watched quite some time back. Just as touching although is in no way related to one another.

I couldn't help but bawl over the tragedy that followed one bad move after another. In a way, I found myself relating to the show. Don't get me wrong, my parents are the best and i'm very much loved by them and my entire family. But i guess sometimes, and i'm hoping i'm not the only one, I find it hard to explain myself to my parents. And with my mother's swift tongue, at times i feel like I've already lost the battle before it even started. I know for a fact that my parents had never ever been biased with us, but there were times when i felt like i wasn't getting results as good as my big brother, or training running as much as my younger brother trains swimming, or somewhere along those lines. On the other hand, i'm the one who likes to go out and keep late nights, the one who wants everything, the one who doesn't read the papers, the stubborn one, the rebellious one, the spendrift one, the not-so-punctual one, the last minute one. I often forget to call home when i don't want to eat dinner, and I have bad sense of direction and time judgement.

People think I dont have the middle child syndrome because i'm an only daughter? But they are so wrong. And i know all these seem like i'm craving for attention, but i guess we all feel that sometimes, don't we?

I guess what i'm trying to say is, I'm different in my family. I like spontaneity, I like to take dives, I like uncertainty and I most definitely like variety. I'd like to try anything i can as much as I can. But I also like running, and improving on it, which i can see is what my brother likes too. And I also like hip hop and dancing which i can also see what my younger brother likes too. And I love nature and outdoors and simplicity of life, which i most definitely share with my father. And finally, I love to plan, to organize and to ensure my charges have a good time under my schedule. This is what I got from my mother.

So, I'm not an entirely rotten apple. I have good traits which were derived from their genes. I just want them to know that I may procrastinate but i'll get it done no matter what. I'll whine and i'll complain, but i'll pull through. Because they did not raise a quitter.

well, at least not when important issues are at hand. *grin*

No comments: