Thursday, June 29, 2006

camp-5-ing and metroball rehearsing...

it's been almost 3 months since i last went to Camp 5. And today, as i rub my aching arms and numb fingers as well as my bruised ego, i can tell how out of practise i've allowed myself to be. i brought Keith along. i could see he was having fun. and boy was i punched in the face (metaphorically) when he conquered 3 routes which i couldn't. Seriously...he is good! He's got so much upper body strength. I was thrown aback! :)

it was a spontaneous decision as both my parents had to go out. Keith had no tuition, and i desperately wanted to go to Camp 5 before m 10 pass thing ended. So i drove my mum's old little Toyota Starlet to 1 utama. When she came home and found it gone she almost flipped! when she called me and found out i was in 1 utama she totally freaked out! ahaha...priceless...sides nothing happened! the fact that my brother can sleep soundly all the way back means im a smooth manual car driver. :)

met a Mexican couple. I asked the guy to snap a few pics of Keith while he was climbing. Turned out he was pretty artistic...:) but these foreigners always are...hehe


***

Metroball's rehearsal was today. Well actually, today was its second rehearsal. Yesterday's was at college and today was at Victorian Ballroom, Holiday Villa itself. The stage was one i have performed on before. If i'm not mistaken it was during a children's art competition and Mrs Khaw's gymnasts were all invited to strut their stuff...:)

they ran the whole program twice. for the first time, i was well warmed up and stretched. did a fluent job, tho my ribbon got stuck and i forgot a few steps. the second time, however, i was nicely cooled down and was chatting away with my friends. so it was no surprise when i ran up the stage to perform the second time, i heard something snapped!!!! i think i pulled a muscle during my split. I'm alright for now, as in i can walk, but i don't know if i can split on Friday night...

left myself something to remember gim days by...

p/s: u can see that's my knee right? just in case...:)

No comments: