Saturday, June 17, 2006

just a thought

i could saunter up to your gate
i could say that it's been a while
i could tell you how my life has been
while i take in your smile

i could invite you out for a drink
i could ask you to join me for a run
i could ask you about your life now
and whether or not you're having fun

i could bring up topics on us
i could let you know what i've been thinking
i could ask you how you think of me now
whether or not there's someone you're seeing

i could ask you to forgive me
i could ask for another chance
i could say that i was foolish then
but you'd probably not give me a second glance

or

i could keep all this to myself
i could wish for this to go away
i could tell myself 3rd chances dont happen
and i could let you live your life your way

for i could not break your heart again
i could not say another no to you
i could not bear the pain i bring
when i say i'm sorry, you've been fooled

i could be wrong about these feelings
i could use more time to sort
for what if they're just there tonight
and tomorrow, it'll be just a thought...

No comments: