Friday, June 16, 2006

footie talk

right...i'm about to give my inaugural football review. :)

so the World Cup fever had started in the House of Siahs. With the 3 main watchers of the game, and 3 different teams supported, I think it can get pretty feverish here...:)

My brother Keith is the number 1 football fan. He is rooting for England. And his favourite player is Rooney.

My dad is on Argentina's side. I'm not sure who his fav player is. However, he finds it hard staying awake past half time. :)

And i am all out for Spain. Reason? They've got a hot goalkeeper. Iker Casillas is my favourite player. :)

Now i know I'm in the midst of my finals, but World Cup only happens once in 4 years man! Then again, my finals for this semester comes only once (and i'd like to keep it that way).

I've only watched 3 matches so far. well, 2 and a half to be exact. I watched the second half of England's first match against Paraguay. It was undeniable boring. Seriously, it was like they were playing Monkey with the ball. The only thing was they used their feet not their hands. and they couldn't even score a single goal! such a let down.

Then it was Spain against Ukraine. This was quite a good match. Spain won 4-0. I think the team players were really good! However, this meant that i saw very little of my favourite goalie. well, they're coming up again monday night (or rather tuesday morning). I'll see if i am that crazy to watch that...*swoons over Casillas*

And finally, i watched England vs Trinidad & Tobago last night. Once again, I was on the verge of dozing off. At half time, i wanted to go upstairs and call it a night. But since it seemed like they were about to put Rooney in, i figured i'd stay for another 45 minutes. I'm no footie player but don't you think Crouch's performance was horrendous? God! i kept saying take the giraffe out of there! He tried a billion times to score, which i believe would've been burried by Rooney should he be in that position. owell, least he scored in the end. on the 83rd minute. And im starting to like Lampard. He's pretty cute too ain't he? hahah....well, England won 2-0. yay...

so yea...that was my footie bit. back to my books now. :)

viva la espanyol!

No comments: