Thursday, February 09, 2006

Poem for the wedding

my cousin asked me to write a poem to be placed on the wedding invitation card. i cracked and squeezed my head and this was the best i could come up with at this time of the night.

As a girl I used to dream
Of snowy white dresses lined with lace
Of crystal white ribbons from chairs they stream
Of elegant ballrooms that becomes the place

Of eight course meals which arouse and delight
Of silky soft table clothes on which they dine
Of a romantic ambience which caresses the night
Of diamonds and pearls which glimmer and shine

And...
Of the one who would sweep me off my feet
Steal my heart and take my breath away
The one whom I've always dreamt to meet
To stand by me day after day

The one who loves me for days on end
Who treats me with kindness and respect
The one on whom I can always depend
Who, in my eyes, would be perfect

It's been years since I had those dreams
I grew up and along came you
And it struck me then, it seems
That dreams do come true


p.s: i do take constructive criticism. thank you.

No comments: