Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Emo-self-pitying-discontented-with-my-life post alert!

GaHhhh!!!

he tugs at my heart strings, i'm telling you! his smile, his voice, his cologne, his mannerisms...seriously. it's like i need this big bright neon light to shine above him with the words TAKEN in bold letters to tell me not to crush on him further. *figuratively bangs head on wall*

my mum has recently raised the bars on how revealing my clothes can be. We got into this debate coz i wore a tube out, and just just now, a spag top out. She has never been so particular before! I thought i had a cool mum! Then, when i tried to argue, saying that Lyn dresses like that too. we both bought tubes from Urban & Co together! Her reply almost made me stomp in rage!

"For shirlyn it's different, she has a boyfriend to be next to her, you don't"

News flash: I do not need a guy by my side to ensure my safety! Not having a boyfriend should not restrict what i choose to wear. It's just downright insane if it should.

I don't have a boyfriend and i'm not exactly psyched about it. But i live with it...

And just now she went all "just don't want you to be conned by people. sometimes friends arent what they seem!" She still thinks i would be naive enough to follow some unknown friends out. Her upbringing has taught me well not to. In fact i'm on the edge of paranoia when it comes to befriending certain people.

I really hate to be angry with my mum, but sometimes i just wish i was out living on my own, where i can make my own decisions in life, without having to worry whether or not my mum would think it's ok. I'm approaching 20 for God's sake! I canmake my own decisions in life and take personal responsibility!

No comments: