Sunday, February 19, 2006

ain't no tower high enough?

damn right there is!

needless to say, i had a lousy race. insufficient training, consecutive days of work, bad race organization, pride and ego all comes up to a horrible horrible first race of the year. I almost puked midway, at one of the water stations. The official wanted to give me a box to carry up. I stopped almost 5 times, doubled over, and gasped for breath. and i did a disappointing 36 minutes.

Sam of Camp 5 took part. he did very well, if i should say so myself. Under 23 minutes!

Kevin of Camp 5 took part. that kiwi did 17 minutes!! he deserved it. he trained like hell!

Yuan Yufang took part. needless to say she did great!

Ashley Lim took part. t-w-e-n-t-y minutes mind you!

lots and lots of Uncle-peter's-runners/triathletes/duathletes were there.

So i guess i shamed myself pretty darn good this morning. what with all the expectation from myself and from others. It took all the strength i had left in me not to break down in tears after the race. It's a good thing i didn't bawl because someone from Pacesetters asked for a photo of me. haha...one good thign came out of it. I finally get acknowledged as a Pacesetters member. Should be up at the site soon. =) I know, I know, what can i expect from almost zero training right? Hard to just be okay with it when i've realised how much i have deteriorated.

Power Run is coming up. 10 km. can i do it under 55?

*edit* Just realised that the Power Run clashes with KLIM. Since ive already signed up for the latter, 21 km it is. can i do it under 2 hrs 17 minutes?

No comments: