Friday, January 09, 2004

Getting the prom picture today stirred something in my mind. As much and as long as i had thought about it, i'm still left in confusion. I can only hope this won't affect my studies in any way.

Taking out the picture of u and me
May seem like an easy task
But deciding to look at you in the eye
Is really too much to ask

Although it's just a picture
I can't seem to tell why
What i feel when i look at you
Is as though it was a real guy

I feel confused when i see you face
And I dare not stare too long
I feel questions clouding my mind
Questions that bug me all along

I can't tell if my mind is stable
And if i won't repeat my mistake
Or if i will hurt u again
And place our friendship at stake

I can't tell if i am just flattered
By your charm and your looks
Or if i really like you this much
Have i really been hooked?

The girls in class think you're hot
I admit i feel very proud
But what if that's the main reason
What if that's what my feelings are about?

That i have what the other girls want
And then only showing u off
I really don't want to use u this way
But it's something i am not sure of

Then again, there's you and her
Being in the same class everyday
You both had some history together
There's bound to be feelings some day

Part of me refuses to believe
That I feel a little bugged by it
That I feel like i'm losing my chance
Somehow i just can't admit

But part of me knows what's best
I shouldn't allow any chance to come my way
Hurting you hurts me as well
I just can't bear to have it replayed

I guess what i really need to do
Is get my thinking straight
I need to find out if i really like you
Before, i'm afraid, it is too late...

No comments: