Friday, June 05, 2009

end of semester 2

Well not quite the end since there are still exams to sit for. But yea, I'm done with my second semester in my second degree. Only 4 more to go!

Just some minor updates in my Auckland life.

1. I bought myself that pair of skinny jeans I have been wanting to get for a while now. I was waiting for the bus when I decided to take a walk to the city and whadya know, Jay Jays had their $10 off on jeans again. Seeing that missed it the last time, and it came back, I decided to just grab it. Although I know that they may easily come up with another promotion in a couple of weeks. But this was meant to be a birthday present to myself, one which got delayed because I never got paid. I wore it today, and it felt a little weird, I felt like my legs were really bare, and that every contour of my legs can be seen. And if u know me well, u'd know that I am quite conscious of my bowlegs. But for keeping up with the fashion Jones' sake, I am quite happy with the investment. I can finally wear my boots! =)
2. I got paid! I finally got paid by Unisports. 50 hours of work. Checked my bank account this morning and was very pleased to see a significant increase in the balance. I wanted to do something celebratory, but i already bought the jeans and the hair curling tong, so I think that's celebration enough. =)

3. My classmate, Eliot, gave me a chair! He was being very nice. He even drove it to my place. So now I've got a nice office chair which goes up and down, AND the back support goes back and forth too! Yay...goodbye backaches!

4. I am going skiing/snowboarding in winter! It was a tough decision to make, having to skip the final leg of Run Auckland, but I reckon it'll be worth it! I haven't tried snowboarding, and I haven't stayed in a bach before. And the group, which are Shermayne and co., sound like a big fun bunch, so I am all game for the FUN!

5. I sat at the living room with my flatmates just now and we kinda casually came up with plans for summer break! I know...it's like 23 weeks away, but who's counting? =) But yea I might be road tripping with them after finals in November! yay!

6. I have stayed here for 1 month and 3 days. It's been really really nice. I miss home cooked food and warm fireplaces in Aunty Jane's, and conversations with Lily, but staying with 4 other girls of different backgrounds has been a real nice experience. And I have definitely seen the domestic side of me. Now I am assured that I can be a pretty good homemaker next time. *phew*My husband and kids shall not have to live in a dirty home!

And after all that dreaming, I still have exams to sit for which are on the 17th, 19th, 22nd and 29th respectively. To be quite honest, I am glad they're here. That means holidays are coming! =)

No comments: