Sunday, September 16, 2007

thirsty way past august...

Ok, let me attempt at some music/band review. I've never really done this, hence the new label. But I've more than 3 songs from each of these bands and rarely does that happen in my playlist. i usually like songs individually, not by band. thus, this calls for a whole band review.

Augustana...the band responsible for melting a lot of hearts, sending them on a one way journey to emoland. Dektos, being one of their victims and Boston being one of their powerful weapons. :) Ok...so i'm a victim too. I have 2 full albums - Midwest Skies and Sleepless Mondays and All The Stars and Boulevards. They're not exactly sappy, or tears inducing. Rather, they're a melancholic sort of love songs, light listening but touching nonetheless. Although, the second album had a little hint of rock in it. I'd stay away from them anytime past 2 am, if i were you. =) My favourite are Boston and Not Alone.
Thirsty Merc, the Aussie band who sang Someday Someday. Fang recommended them to me. Augustana with a little more grit and gruff, but has the same effect on listeners. I think they're the Aussie Daughtry. Or maybe thats coz the've got an amazing song called Homesick. Anyway, this you can listen to any time of the day. My favourite are The Hard Way and Homesick. :)

and that was my inaugural band review...how was that? I'm at a point whereby i'm open to all options of job employment apart from the regular admin office jobs. So give me good criticism and i might just be writing the review column in your favourite magazine...:)

that...and the fact that i am bored out of my wits....heh.

3 comments:

Kevin Siah said...

Eh... I would like to take the credit away from Fang... I thought I was the one who recommended 'Someday someday' by Thirsty Merc! Hrmph!

Also try '20 Good Reasons'...

galnexdor said...

haha u did? yea maybe la...someday someday was quite some time ago right?

yea i love 20 good reasons...u can google it and u can find the piano acoustic version...so nice!

My A's said...

Haha... ms. siah ms. siah.. you that bored eh... =/

After listening to both I still prefer Augustana... Boston is evil I tell you... LOL!

the only song I like from Thristy Merc is 20 Good Reasons...