Saturday, May 27, 2006

im older now. :)

you know you're getting older when you start attending wine drinking sessions with your dad your dad invites you to drink his wine.

wait...

but even Keith tagged along last night and he's only 12...

anyway, Uncle Eugene cordially invited all of us to his humble abode in Sg Buloh last night. When I first mentioned it to my dad it went something like "Hey daddy the Mt KK people are having this thing at one of their houses on Friday night. How to go to Sg Buloh ar?". But my old man has been staying at home, having a lot of free time on his hands. He has been running every single day since i told him to join the NB 15 km run (which was since chinese new year). So i figured he could use a little time out and get to know a few more runners so runs would be more interesting (instead of "i came coz i had to drive my daughter here). Plus i hadn't a clue where Sg Buloh was. And i'm bad with maps. And going on my own would mean i have a curfew. And also, i wanted to show him exactly who invited me to the climb, flew me over to KK and literally dragged me up to the summit. Likewise, he wanted to thank this surrogate fathers and brothers of mine. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Uncle Eugene's house looks like one right out of a Japanese Garden catalogue. No kidding! And he did it with his own two hands. It looked really great. Then, i saw the food table and i knew they weren't kidding about making it a wine drinking session. At the table, Uncle Choi and William were having salad. SALAD! atta-girl! go eat healthy and lose some weight! No fatty food for you tonight, i thought.

I thought wrong. When Mrs Lee came home we each were given a scrumptious, oh-so-sinfully-delicious looking bowl of Penang prawn mee. whoa! i was so enticed that i forgot to take a photo of it. Only after i dug in did i realise that i forgot to snap. By then my prawn had already been decapitated and my fingers already oily. hehe...

There was also sushi and sashimi. There was bak zhang. and fried chicken. There was my favourite hap tou sou. There was almond biscuits from Macau. There was the blueberry cheese tarts that i baked and brought there too. and of course, there was wine. bottles and bottles of wine.

But i stuck to soya bean. Just so you know. :) I ate a lot. I pigged out. I couldn't help it. The food was fantastic! We laughed so much that the next thing i knew, it was midnight. Keith was getting a bit restless. My dad seemed to have enjoyed himself very much. And so, the eating must end.

Everyone got themselves some tarts from yours truly. My dad got himself some new gang already. Keith got himself the scare of his life when Louie the dog barked up his legs. Uncle Choi got himself a new running kaki on Saturdays. Ben got himself his wine. William got himself...erm...food i guess. Uncle Eugene and family got himself many compliments on their house and the wine and the food. Yi Xi got himself more races to come. and I got myself a few extra pounds. :)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: