Friday, May 12, 2006

how i turned 20

i started the day feeling slightly gloomy. had stayed up till 2.30 am fixing slides for my CB presentation today. Woke up at about 8.45 am and looked at myself in the mirror, trying to see if i can cheer myself up on my own birthday. There was this humongous zit on my chin. Not that i really care how it looks, it's just that it hurts!

went to class, did my slides. Juliana said we were fine, and can start on our report now. This was cool. Felt slightly relieved already. after class i sat down with KK and Kheng Yee at the cafeteria and soon after Juliana joined us. She's the coolest lecturer in metropolitan! She said she's been up Tahan!! and she thinks i'm tough. heh.

Jayson, Adrian, Grace came later to pick us up. Joey joined in. Looks like i do have friends in college. hehe...i was whisked away to Cititel Mid Valley where they treated me to a buffet lunch! ah how sweet of them. What better way to celebrate my birthday of not with FOOD!



Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting


oh yea! i met Jia Yin! haha so unbelievable. She was totally stoned by the concidence. haha...:)

***


Dinner was with my family. We ate in Strawberry Fields in Taipan. uhmm...not highly recommended for an occassion. More like one of days hey-lets-go-eat kinda thing. It was cheap though. :)

Since the restaurant was on the same row as Klinik Lan dan Wong, my mum forced me to go. They have been debating on the issue for some time. My dad thinks it's not normal for me to go puking up Mt Kinabalu. My mum thinks there's something wrong with me coz my fitness level has dropped. So i caved. There's no winning over them.

Which i regret going. Coz the doc says i've got an abnormal heartbeat. At the pulmonary side. Which is the vein that leads to the lungs. He suggests there is a problem with the valves. So, he asked me to do a complete blood test. And told me to abstein from exerting myself i.e. running. grr...

***


i half expected my friends to come over but when it was already 9 plus and there was no sign of them, i decided maybe they'd given up on surprises. But after changing into my pjs, washed myself up, and took off my lenses, hordes of laughter and voices came bursting into the downstair area. i quickly changed into t shirt and shorts and went down. i could hear them planning how to say "surprise" when i came down and it came out as many voices of surprise at different times.

haha gotta love them. :) they brought me cake from starbucks and a top from Sub. it's a pity i didn't take a picture.

i love you guys!

edit: i realised i didn't mention any names. HOW CAN? these guys are my favourite people in the world! Those who came: Julie, Pei Jien, Ven Nee, Anne, Puvesh, Siew Ghee, Weng Lum, Daniel. :)


***



for a moment today
i thought you have forgotten
for a moment today
i felt a little disheartenned
for a moment today
i thought it was time it ended
for a moment today
i finally wanted my heart mended
for a moment today
i thought i'd cry one last time
for a moment today
i would stop that uphill climb
for a moment today
i figured i'd look back from where i came
for a moment today
i thought i'd start from when it was the same
for a moment today
i was all for a change of heart
but the moment i read "Happy Birthday"
i found myself back at the start

No comments: